Friday 14 January 2011

Environment: Maya: Wheelchair Progression




This is the progress on the wheelchair. It didn't mirror the geometry as I would have liked, I saved a copy of the half chair and in this copy I combined all the objects and it let me mirror. There was a gap down the middle of both pieces, I used Merged Vertex Tool and fixed them all point by point. Yes, very long winded but i wanted to see what it looked like. Next problem is, some parts I didn't want to end up smoothed have been because it is now just one object. Lots to re-do but at least now I have an idea of how the model could look. I shall find out what I've got to do to get it where I want it.

4 comments:

  1. Your verts weren't in line before the mirror then. Just go to the front view, select the edge of verts and use scale tool to scale them to become a straight line. Then mirror them, and set the threshold to 0.001.

    Btw, it looks like a good job, well done. Can I see some wireframes please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the objects that are floating and don't need to be mirrored with the mirror tool. You have to set their pivot to the center point and then scale them -X instead of mirroring. You only mirror when you want the verts of the mirror to be connected.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not really sure what you're talking about now, I shall post some frames of the half chair where everything is still single objects. The non sleep rota is in action so please bare with the slowness haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superb blog post, I have book marked this internet site so ideally I’ll see much more on this subject in the foreseeable future!

    ReplyDelete